Saturday, July 19, 2008

Busy summer week





We had a special guest visiting us last week - my niece Autumn came to stay with us! She came down for Vacation Bible School at our church. We really enjoyed having her. I had activities planned every day. At the end of the week Autumn said, "I don't want to go home!" I guess we were lots of fun!

Sunday, she came to church with us and helped decorate the room for VBS. Our VBS theme was the Wild West and it was so cute. My friend Lindy and I taught 1st grade. After decoration time, we went to the zoo. It was the best zoo trip ever. It was cloudy and not too hot, so all the animals were moving about and playing and having a great time.

Monday, we went to VBS. Then we painted pottery. I can't wait to pick up our creations! We also got to bring Autumn to music class.

Tuesday, there was more VBS in the morning. We came home for a rest, then went to a friend's house to swim.

Wednesday, we took Caroline to school and headed back to VBS. When we picked Caroline up, we went to the Children's Museum. The girls loved it. At one point, Caroline was crawling into a tunnel, turned back to me and said, "Mommy! This is so much fun!" Melt my heart...

Thursday was day 4 of VBS. We rested quietly in the afternoon and then filled up the pool in the backyard.

Friday, things were winding down (my energy, especially!). We finished VBS with a big ol' hoedown. Then we met Erin and Mimi halfway between Memphis and Mayfield.

Whew. I think I need a 3-day rest from all that activity! We stayed quite busy! It was a fun week and I was so glad Autumn could come and stay with us.

No comments: