The birthday dresses deserve a post of their own, don't you think? I wanted to make the girls a dress that would would for early spring with turtlenecks, late spring with short sleeves, and summer with no shirt underneath. I'm all about getting as much use out of a dress as possible. I used the same jumper pattern that I used for the blue corduroy snowflake dresses. I chose a floral cotton print.
For a fun little embellishment, I embroidered the girls' first initial on a tab that is attached to the yoke with buttons. It's something I've wanted to try for a long time. I like how it turned out. What I didn't plan was how perfectly the embroidery would mimic the floral pattern of the fabric. I picked the design out of a book without even realizing how perfectly the little lazy-daisy flowers and leaves matched the fabric. A very nice surprise!
I'm looking forward to a full six month's worth (or more) of these dresses!