Wednesday, November 07, 2012

New Orleans

Kevin had the opportunity to go to a convention in New Orleans at the end of October. I joined him mid-week without the kids. We had a wonderful time together. It was a really relaxing, laid-back vacation. I loved having my husband all to myself.
In front of St. Louis Cathedral

Couldn't resist getting a picture of the gorgeous exposed organ pipes
Waiting outside Preservation Hall

Enjoying a Sazerac in the Sazerac Bar (New Orleans's signature cocktail)
 
Garden District streetcar ride

We are foodies. We love really great food. This was one of our courses at Le Foret - also known as the best scallop either one of us has ever eaten. It was served on a pumpkin puree with a pecan apple chutney. I'm so sad it's gone. Amazing.

More eating - beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde

One more date night together before heading home

The girls loved their special New Orleans souvenirs!

5 comments:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nell said...

Looks like so much fun, Emilee! I'm glad y'all got to go!

Laura Sessions said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I love New Orleans...

Brittany said...

Looks like a perfect trip. So glad you had time just the 2 of you.

Ashley said...

Y'all are too cute! Glad it was such a great trip!