Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My new happy place

This used to be my old spot for sewing, pleating, crafting, gluing, etc. - a TV tray and the dining room table. Pretty sad.

So here it is - my new creative corner! It's upstairs, out of the way. My dear husband put the shelves up. We found the adjustable folding table at SAM's (thanks for the tip, Mom!). I put a baker's rack up there to catch some spill-over. I still have some work to do. I'm a project-a-holic and have a ton of "stuff" to organize and put in the storage bins. I am so excited to have a place to create! And I'm sure Kevin is glad that the crafts won't be encroaching our dining space any longer. It's not as fancy as some of the spaces I've seen out there on the internet. But it works for me!

I finished this dress before I moved upstairs, but this is the latest smocked dress for Caroline. It's unfinished in this picture, but you get the idea. So sweet... I've started her Easter dress in my new happy place.

And because no post is complete without pictures of our little sweetie...


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Our Crazy Life said...

I'm so glad you'v got a craft corner! I so wish we lived closer...I love doing crafts and I would love to learn to smock!