Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knit nightie


I wanted to answer a question from Katie and Michelle: "Where did I get the blank nighties?" Well, I made them. The pattern is The Children's Corner Bunny's Knit Nightie. The pattern also has a hat, booties, a bib, and a receiving blanket pattern. I used white knit fabric, but there are tons of cute baby knit prints out there (not so many cute gender-neutral ones, however). It's a really easy pattern to follow. It gives good general instructions on applique technique, too. Sewing with knit can be tricky, but once you get the hang of it, garment construction goes quickly.

I've never seen a blank elastic-bottom nightie. Maybe I'll do a google search and let you know what I come up with. I do a lot of applique on blank onsies, burp cloths, and tee-shirts. That's always a fun little gift for a new baby!

No comments: