Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sewing the summer away

I'm getting braver with my onsie appliques. I did it all on my machine. I do like the look of hand-embroidery, but I wanted to play on my machine. I made this for one of Kevin's fellow residents who has a new daughter. I'm thinking I need to find some tee-shirts so her older sister can have one that matches. I think it's pretty cute!


This was the first successful onsie applique - made for Caroline for the 4th of July. I won't discuss the previous unsuccessful attempts.


And - surprise! - another bubble! (What number is this? Four?) This is for a dear friend's daughter. Her first birthday is next week and I thought she needed something sweet and smocked. I'm very proud of this one and can't wait to give it away. I went to a sewing session at a local store for help with the collar and sleeves. Sorry for the terrible picture. I've got to get a better one in the daylight of the smocking and the miniature piping around the sleeves and collar.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: