Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Budding writer

Caroline is doing great in school. The girls write frequently and are supposed to use "kindergarten spelling". I was kind of worried that I'd have to encourage Caroline a lot because she's such a perfectionist. She likes things to be just right and I assumed that she would get easily frustrated at not being able to spell things correctly. But she has really embraced trying to spell things out on her own and writes notes all the time. Caroline wrote and illustrated this book for her sweet friend Shelby a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was so cute and had to photograph it before she gave it away.

 "We are friends forever" (the title)

 "Hi! Can we be best friends?"

 "Sure. I will be your friend."

 "We will be best friends forever." (The girls are hugging - too sweet!)

 "Let's have a playdate!"

 "And they did." (The girls are playing superheros. I love the capes!) 

3 comments:

Laura Sessions said...

I didn't know you had started blogging again! I loved this post. I love the kindergarten handwriting. What a sweet friend Caroline is!

The Wilhite Family said...

This former kindergarten teacher loves this, of course!

lexie johnston said...

i am so proud of that lil turkey!!!!! and i didn't even need the subtitles! :)