Friday, March 23, 2012

The last 6th birthday post

Who doesn't love to celebrate their birthday for days and days? I realized I hadn't posted about our celebration here at home and her special birthday snack at school.

We celebrated Caroline's birthday at home with one of her favorite meals: ravioli with sauce, salad, and bread.


Caroline is the easiest person in the world to shop for. It is so easy to find things I know she will love. I think I've said it before, but she is the best gift opener. She is truly delighted with each present she opens. So much fun!


I used the "easy button" and picked up Muddy's cupcakes. I'm running out of room for candles on the cupcakes. I guess I'll have to start making cakes!



Because she and Helen were sick the week of her birthday, her teachers and I postponed her birthday snack at school until after spring break - an entire 11 days of waiting. It was a really sweet time for me to get a glimpse of what goes on in Caroline's life at school. Her friends drew "warm and fuzzy wishes" for a special birthday book. There were lots of post of gold, disco balls, and kittens. Helen got to have snacks with the big girls (a glimpse of what her life at school will be like!).





Next up...Helen's birthday!

1 comment:

Laura Sessions said...

I LOVE how excited she is to get that Barbie doll! Too cute!